Making your savings work harder
Our competitive rates will suit the savviest of savers, offering a simple and secure way to grow your money.
A bank that’s as good for your savings as it is for your local area
Our competitive savings accounts support residential and commercial developments in communities that need them most. So, whilst your money is working hard for your wallet, it’s also working hard for your community.
Savings made simple
Savings you’ll love
Our fixed rate savings account is a simple, easy-to-understand way of earning a guaranteed rate of interest so you can accurately budget for the future.
Easy and convenient
Our easy online application process will help you open a savings account in minutes. Then you’ll be able to manage all aspects of your account online, from the comfort of your own home.
Safe and secure
As a fully authorised bank, when you save with us your money is protected up to £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Whether you’re saving for a house, big holiday, the family or a rainy day, we’ll pull out all the stops to give you some of the most competitive rates in the market.
What do I need to open a savings account?
To open and manage a savings account with GB Bank you will need:
- To be aged 18 or over
- A UK address, and to be a resident in the UK for tax purposes
- Your own, private email address
- Your own mobile phone number
- A UK current account in your name
- A laptop or desktop computer, find out why here
Is a GB Bank Fixed Rate Savings account right for me?
Fixed Rate Savings account is right for you if:
- You are able to lock your money away for a fixed time without needing access to it*
- You would like the certainty of a fixed rate of interest
- You are happy to open and operate your account online
- You are happy to have interest added to your account
*A Fixed Rate Savings account is not suitable for you if you need access to your money before the fixed term expires.