Building better futures
The reason GB Bank exists is to build better futures for the communities across the UK that need it most.
From day one our ambition has been to be the bank of choice for property and regional regeneration. We are passionate about delivering bespoke lending solutions to drive economic growth to help communities that need it most.
To ensure we achieve our ambition our mission is to build a sustainable
business, supported by great people, with an inspiring culture which has strong relationships with our customers and communities.
and this is how we will do it…
We succeed together
- We have big ambitions for GB Bank but we can’t achieve them alone.
- We need each other, and our suppliers, partners, customers and communities, to change the world and realise our full potential.
- We are experts at building lasting relationships and connecting people within the ecosystems that we create.
- We believe in striving for collective gains over individual ones, and we actively listen to different views and perspectives as they make us stronger.
We do the right thing
- We believe in doing the right thing, not the quick thing, even when no one is watching us.
- This means that we are open and honest, especially when things go wrong.
- We’re clear about how we’ll fix problems, and follow them through to the right solution for our customers.
- We are committed to restoring and evolving the reputation of banking through leading by example and building trust with customers and our local communities.
We think big
- We believe in the potential of our business, customers and communities, which is why we’re not afraid to dream big.
- This isn’t about the size of our company or trying to become a large corporate, it’s about being entrepreneurial and having the courage to push the boundaries.
- We want to challenge ourselves to do things differently and avoid replicating old systems or ways of working.
- This means that we’re always improving and searching for new, creative and innovative solutions to old problems. We start small, but think big.
We act with kindness
- We show empathy to each other, our customers and our communities.
- We actively listen to different views and perspectives, since they make us stronger.
- We believe it’s ok to disagree, but we do so with respect and compassion.
- We are committed to diversity, inclusion and creating psychological safety.
- We are warm and welcoming, and aim to create a sense of belonging for all who engage with us.
- We give direct, candid feedback, even when it feels difficult and uncomfortable.
- We treat others the same way that we would wish to be treated.